Pet Portrait Oil Paintings:
Ink, Watercolor & Graphite:
How to Commission a Pet Portrait
A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won't be too bad.Robert Wagner
- The first step is to contact me: Send me an email by clicking here. Or, find me on Facebook. I can help right away!
- We'll have a chat about your pet and determine the specifics of the artwork.
- I can help you choose or take a photograph that will make for a great artwork.
- Please let me know if you need the artwork by a specific date. Oil paintings can take some time to dry and I want to make sure I can meet your deadline!
- For most small works you don't need to make any payment until your artwork is ready to ship.
- I will send a photo of the finished work so you can have a chance to see it before making a payment.
- I can accept payment via all major credit cards, debit card, PayPal and other options as well.
- Once you've received your artwork, it is totally yours. The only right I reserve is the share a photo of the artwork on my websites as an example of my work.
The process of commissioning an oil painting, sketch, or drawing to immortalize your beloved pet is actually very simple!
Pets usually aren't so good at sitting still long enough to be painted, so a good second step is to round up as many photos of your pet as you can. The more options you give me to work from, the happier you will be with the end result. Depending on the photos, I can help recommend size and medium.
One more thing to consider is where you want to display the portrait. Where you want to place it will usually help you determine what size artwork you'd like.
Thanks for looking!